Monday, January 17, 2011

Clothes Shopping

...is never a very fun experience for me, but especially so now that I'm overweight. Any of you who struggle with your weight know the stores "we" shop in :)

Just because I'm overweight doesn't make it a good idea to look as shabby as I do every day! I don't own casual clothes really, and the few work clothes I own are pretty worn out now. My sweet boyfriend did some searching online (how adorable is it to see my honey searching women's professional clothing on google!), and we went to see what Nordstrom's had to offer.

I picked up two dress shirts and a blazer (it was a matching pant suit, but they didn't have the pants in the size I needed). I was bummed I couldn't fit my fat ass into the pants, but pleasantly surprised that a pair of pants I haven't worn in 6+ months fit very well. Even though my body isn't where I want it to be, I know I'm making progress. I feel very pretty in my new outfits, and it will really help my self confidence :)

No comments: